Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PCRG - a struggle

Was busting to get out there and do some hard work today... Didn't quite work out that way.
I was running with the pram and due to the large number of people I ran at the back..however these people tend to be slower than what I am capable of so I was stuck with 2 choices:
Run past them and get amongst those running at my pace (possibly dodging legs with the pram)
Hang back and run conservatively

I did the second option but got shitty about it so turned around and did some hill work on my own. Tried to do 10 reps but I was only halfway through when Pat finished the session. He had a final 90sec out and 90sec back, not everyone was doing it so I was able to get someone (thanks Sara) to watch Billy whilst I did that leg. It was great and I wish it could have gone on longer (ha ha no I don't what am I saying!!!)

After the cooldown I was feeling good but a bit unsatisfied.

Next time I will just take the first option. If anyone complains I will reassess. Mostly the group is very understanding/accommodating with Billy and I but I am hearing more and more regulars complaining about the crowds at the Tuesday sessions. I guess that includes prams too heh!

5 comments:

miners said...

just run over the top of em if they're too slow ;)

Great to see you training with so much intensity again Clairie!

Matty said...

Sure you don't want me to push Billy in the pram ;-)

Eagle said...

Come on keep us up to date on what you are doing - any ramblings will do - I just need to know you are out there training and sufferring with me.

Rob said...

I see that pusing Billy in the pram is really charachter building Clairie. It's all part of the a bigger plan...to make you tough.

CJ said...

So does this mean that I will see you in Canberra in April? I'm trying to get back into regular blogging and to catch up with what everyone else is doing. It keeps me honest too!