Mother addicted to running! Determined to go sub 3:20 before I hit 50! This blog is my journey of how I get there......
Sunday, January 15, 2012
BRRC - 14KM Club Champions
Today really sucked.
I felt sick when I went to bed last night but woke up and felt fine. Thinking I was just doing an easy run I didnt think anything of it.
After warming up for 3km with Tesso we found the start line and started telling each other how slow we were going to be running - I'm pretty sure we do this before every race regardless of how hard we actually run ha ha! - The start went off without a hitch and Tess and I were running together at the back of the crowd, just cruising and chatting away.
Being 14km the course was 4km then two laps of 5km course. The first 4km we just took it easy running around 5min/km pace. I then realised I had my ipod with my Kurrawa Race playlist so I turned it up high and started to chase down the girls in my age category. Stuff the plan to run slow. I felt good. The next 5km was great, I was able to keep a steady pace and wasn't tiring like I thought I would. I got water from the table each loop but as it was quite cool/overcast I didn't need anything more than that.
The last loop I started to lag. I felt funny. Not sure if I was going to be sick or need to go to the toilet. Tesso cruised past me and I was excited at first - yah we can race each other to the finish (which we love to do as it pushes us both to do better than just running solo). However With 3km to go and having skipped the last two water stations I thought I'd best duck to the loo. There went my race.
I got back on track and ran the last few km very solidly. It was actually quite exciting to be able to just run hard and pass heaps of people. Though I got asked by a lot of people at the finish - 'didn't you pass me twice'. Bit embarressing to have to constantly tell people you needed to go to the loo.
But for me the worst thing was hopping in the shower when I got home. Clearly I need to lose some weight. For the first time in ages I got chafing on my legs WTF??!!! Stung like crazy. Time now to ramp up the training and focus on a diet to match.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Come Clairie keep us up to date now that it seems you have taken the soft option at Canberra and doing the half only.
Post a Comment