Monday, January 16, 2012

New Training Scheme

Talk about not raining....it's POURING! (Literally too which is really weird!) I was at the airport this morning with my little man being all sad and sobby. When I arrived at work I logged on to do some banking and noticed a few hundred dollars gone out of my account...wooohooo New York Marathon now paid for and I'm accepted and officially in the run. Crap. That means training! Before that exciting news I had already been talking to Gooner about our training programs via SMART COACH. Not the most personal of touches, but a program individually prepped for each user once you have inputted your data. I am aiming for 1:32 at Canberra Half in April. That gives me 13 weeks starting today to train. We'll see how I go and then revert to a full marathon program once the Gold Coast half pacing job is out of the way in July. This weeks program is: Monday -10k easy (good I need a run to get my head sorted) Tueday - PCRG 10km Wednesday - 10km tempo Thursday - 10km easy run Friday - 8km easy (Cootha) Saturday - 19km 5:15 pace Sunday - cross training The program ramps up to 90km weekly mileage (for a half!!) so it suits me pretty well.Most of the time it sits around 70-80 and I'm comfortable with that. The only thing about me and programs that I have to be aware of...I have to fit it in around Billy and finding carers. So I am fortunate that a program like this helps motivate me even if I can't get out to run with my buddies and I have to do the damn hard work on my own...at lunch or late at night. Heh it's still running right??!

1 comment:

Johnny Dark said...

Hi Clairie, I'll follow your progress with interest.
I'm aiming for 1:35 in Canberra.

JD