The Sixteen week program starts today. I have two programs. One really hard (supposedly 3:09-3:13 time) and the other one aiming for 3:20 which is the Runners World app on my iphone. Both have more similarities than differences. The biggest notable one is the NYRR program the coach did for me does not have many rest days. Starting today the first day off is August 12th!!! but they do give you a flex day that you can use as your body requires (to have off or run easy or cross train whatever you feel like).
I don't have a great track record for keeping with programs...so it will be interesting to see how we go. In NY I just want to be able to run sub 3:30 very comfortably and enjoy the surroundings.
P1 - 13km @ 5:22pace
P2 - 7Mile @ 5:34pace or *Flex*
Actual - 10km @5:22 pace
The thing I have noticed the most about these programs is they don't have much mileage for the long runs but keep throwing hard runs at you. I am used to doing long runs each week and a mid week long run, a hill or speed session through the week and the rest as easy/steady runs. Both programs have runs every day ranging in hardness and specicifity of toughness. I guess thats what I have never done so only one way to work out if it will suit me.....!
No comments:
Post a Comment