Mother addicted to running! Determined to go sub 3:20 before I hit 50! This blog is my journey of how I get there......
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
The Week In Review II
Interesting doing this Thur-Wed. I might have to adjust to match my training schedule but for now am in a bit of a habit of blogging on Wednesdays. Its good for hump day - few days of training in the bank and preparation for the weekend to come. So here is the past seven days:
Thursday: 18.5km of hills. No walking. I found this very tiring after doing hills in the two days leading up to this session (Mon/Tue).
Friday: 10km Mount Cootha (hills) a lonely run and again HILLs. WHY??? I must be punishing myself for something. I didn't find this run as hard as yesterdays and was pleasantly suprised with my energy in getting up the 2km ascent. I did crash and burn at work later that morning though....
Saturday: 25km LSD. Was going to be a mystery run but we have done every course in Brisbane. Turned out to be a reverse river loop. Interesting and the run past quickly. Tess gave me some gu with 8km to go that seemed to perk me up when I didn't even know I needed it!
Sunday: 5km easy. Loved this run. Down to the Gold Coast coastline to catch up with my son playing in the parks. Superb run with maybe a bit of a hangover so happy to get out and get some fresh air.
Monday: 10km @ 5:22 pace. Starting to focus on the pacing of my runs now instead of the 'intensity' level as I measure it. Should keep me honest though I am a bit worried there does not seem to be any rest days coming up *insert horrified face*
Tuesday: 13km: 3.5km warm up followed by 6 x 1km efforts on the sandy beach at Hervey Bay. Awesome run and was really happy I managed to pull this one off. I have not done 1km efforts on my own for years! Not to mention I got to my hotel and didn't eat dinner so was 'fuel-less'. The efforts all averaged around 4:27 with the last one being one of the quickest ones so I was happy to finish strong. 3.5km warm down back to the hotel and crashed in the spa bath. Divine.
Wednesday: 15km - 5km warm up that seemed to be crazy fast. I dropped back after this so I was at the middle/back of the pack out to the turnaround point (10km into the run). I knew everyone would race back to the start and I didn't want to get caught up in their passion. Unfortunately Graham pulled up alongside and we started chatting and then I didn't want to let him go. I had to ramp up one or two gears but we were still only doing 4:45 pace. The first two a bit slower and the last two noticeably quicker with average of the last 5km 4:47min/km. After a solid week of running I think the pace was just perfect. I was certainly feeling it but was also secretly happy I was able to do it and not fall in a heap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment