Okay so that was a short hiatus away :) I'm back for Robertsong's sake so he takes up the challenge to post again and keep it going to the NYM!
Actually I'm also back on line as this blog is a place to vent my emotions (good and bad) on how my running is going. Well today it is not going great and it is all my fault.
The last three days have seen me do some decents runs, all with some component of high intensity. This morning was going to be easy but still midrange in length (18km). I got to 9.7km and BANG the freakin hammy (I think I have no idea really) just started grabbing. I stopped when it really hurt (10sec later) and stretched it a bit. Started running again and made it 300m. 10km in 5:20min/km pace. The next 3km to get home took me 40minutes. I'm not even sure the garmin measures that slowly!!! I had lovely company to take my mind of it and just talk as I walked and limped back to my car.
I got home and had a shower and was intending to get dressed for work. I woke up 90mins later at 9am!! I had laid on the bed and thought "what went wrong??" and the next thing I was snoring!! I am just overworked (in running and at work). Its been great though and nothing too stressful so I have been very excited to be maintaining form and keepign to my program but today was a big wake up call.
I'll sort it out and find out what it is - (the injury). I know what I need to do to avoid it - stretching, strength and a slower build up to mileage. I just pushed myself too hard too early. Completely knew what I was doing as I was doing it but it felt great and I kept it up. Stupid me. Stupid 10% rule. heh heh heh
Fingers crossed its only a small hiccup and nothing more serious. I've never had a muscle injury before. Its weird.
1 comment:
Bummer about the hammy, Claire, but hang in there, get it treated, and I'm sure you'll be fine.
Post a Comment