Allan (hubby) said last night as we were drifting off to sleep..."Kurrawa is going to be so good this year for you, you must be well prepared because you aren't even nervous yet"
I didn't sleep after that. Bastard! He went out like a light.
Time trial - 3km at Pats this morning. I didn't run hard as I choose to pace Sarah to a PB. She got an 8 second PB....gotta be happy with that.
I just love going to Pats group runs and this morning was no different - there must have been 100 runners!!!!!
11 comments:
Hey, way to go Clairie. Isn't that the great thing about running, you can get just as much (sometimes more) of a buzz out of friend's PBs as your own.
Yesterday I went from gmail to Bloglines, posted a comment to you, then came back to gmail and you had just left me a comment. Cue theme to Twighlight Zone...
I like Mr Clairie's style ;-)
Nice pace job.
5 more sleeps.....it makes me nervous & I'm not running anything then! Go well, Clairie!
You did such a great pacing work this morning, especially considering you had no watch. How good will Sarah feel on her big holiday now knowing she got herself a PB this morning.
Sure was like one giant fun run this morning - luv it!!!
PS How many more non-sleeps until Kurrawa ;-)
If I were running at Kurrawa, I would be really nervous by now. I am not running at Kurrawa, so it's not a problem.
Allan obviously knows a lot about running and Kurrawa.
He's such a sweetie. I'm sure he meant well.
I now I'm going to sound really ignorant and I'm going to ask a really dumb question but what exactly is Kurrawa?
Thanks for the weights option if the leg press is in use - must remember that next time. Either that or I'll use the dumbbell to hit the person using the leg press!
Thanks for letting me pass you! I think from now on you should be an official pacer, so I can pass you everytime, hehehe.
Hey Clairie
Do you usually get nervous before races? What's your read on this? Does it help or hinder?
You don't strike me as the nervous type but as for me I'm usually shiting bricks before the marathons.
With these your putting all your eggs in one basket, so to speak, and its not like if you blow out you can run another the next week.
I think I'll borrow you for my sub-12 attempt. I hope some of those sleeps are good ones Clairie... try counting Pat's runners ;)
Things are sounding and looking good Saint Claire! Hope you're already hydrating and gorging like a good tapererer.
Wish I could have made it up there - but am especially excited to hear the dynamic duo may be coming to Port in April! (or would it be trio? is Karisma perhaps coming with Adrian competing?)
party girls is a much better name for the playgroup ;)
Post a Comment