Wow getting REAL close now.
I had a massive blowout on the weekend. Totally ate everything in sight. The kids are still alive, thankfully.
We ran 16km (or 14.5km according to Tesso) on Saturday. I had no watch or garmin so have no idea. The turnaround was 7.9km and then we headed back a slightly different route. I ran hard on the way out but took it easy coming home.
Sunday I was really unwell. Not sure if I am coming down with something but I struggled to get out with the kids to Southbank. We spent the day there watching the bike race and swimming in the beach. It was fun but I was very lethargic. Early to bed.
This morning - again lacking energy. Did RPM class but only stretching afterwards.
From here on - it's taper all the way. Gotta look after this sexy bod and get it to the start line in one piece.
6 comments:
The 14.5 was calculated via a combination of Toasty's and Inspector Gadget's (Mat) Garmins. Before the Goodwill was there we used to go via the Vic Bridge and call it 17k. Whatever, it was a very pleasant outing.
Baffles me how you can do an RPM class when you have no energy, I'm flat out walking the 500m to my gym when I feel like that.
My guess is the secret training is all done and now you are playing mind games with us.
PS Re Katy's comment, you can always Bodyglide your bum ;-)
It's important to carb load ;-)
Nice work (again) Clairie.
In one piece is the way to go Clairie.
Don't listen to 2P and hit the start carrying an extra half a bag of concrete ;)
Phew, glad the kids survived the carnage. I bet the chippies & chockies didn't. I'm sure that was what you needed. OK, take it easy now and get ready for a big one. We know you are going to have one hell of a great run...
I'm with 2P, sounds like the carbo loading is doing what is supposed to. Judging by that recent photo, you're in great shape there, Clairie.
oooh ... sounds like one of those taper sniggles to me. Or maybe you ate something that you shouldn't have during your weekend binge? :)
Post a Comment