That time of month again - first Tuesday of the month.
After the 25km on Sunday I honestly didn't think I would be up for much. However thinking that took all the pressure off me and I was keen to get out there and just do what I could.
Matty was pacing Jan to a sub 12 so I followed them out but it felt way fast. We got to 500m at 1:45 and I knew I had blown my chance of sub 12. I slowed a bit and turned at the 1km mark trying to be strong on the second km.
I got halfway and felt ok. I certainly felt strong out there so I was happy with that. Disappointed that Tess wasn't running fast as it is always a good feeling to have the people just in front to target and follow.
On the second lap Nicky overtook me but I let her go, I knew I would come home strong and I did. Last km was in 3:54 and I busted a gut to get her before the finish line.
Final time: 12:05 my second best ever. Just short of my 11.59 PB by 6 secs. Gotta be happy with that. For all you ITB suffer's out there - one thing to note. When you do come back...you come back mentally tougher because YOU REALLY WANT TO RUN!!!!
4 comments:
As an ITB suffer, thanks for the advice. I really really want to run really really fast like you!!
J
Great to see you back Claire, you'll soon be hunting down Tess again! :)
I WANT TO RUN!! Well done on your time, thats excellent news, you're going to faster than ever shortly!
As a fellow ITB sufferer I also agree with what you said - you really do appreciate your running when you can do it again without any problems! Also noticed you've changed the name of your blog!
Post a Comment