Friday, September 16, 2005

GYM

Been doing hard workouts at the gym both Wednesday and today.

Wednesday was great - I started doing my warm up on the eliptical machine and the ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ Tri was on TV. It was so engrossing I think I spent more time warming up than the weights. And how funny, as they showed the running and were commentating on the efforts of Craig and other Aussies, I was subsconciously going faster and faster on the damn machine!!

Today nothing exciting was on any of the 8 TVs! Horse jumping on Fox Sports can you imagine! Riveting...oh well at least I got to concentrate on my weights.

Getting quite comfortable with the pushups and bench presss now. Can easily do 30 pushups (yes Man ones Matty!) and doing 30kg is too easy on the bench press so will lift this to 35kg for a week and see how it goes.

One bad thing about this morning - I hoped on the tready for the first time in months to do a 10min run at 4:30 on a 2 incline. I want to run 45min for 10km and this is the pace I have to run at. It was damn hard. By the end I was comfortable but the first 3mins was shocking. I was gasping for breath and my legs were like lead. Looks like it might be a year or 10 before I get my goal :( I certainly cant imagine sustaining that pace for 10kms.....

3 comments:

Jen said...

You may not be able to imagine it Clairie but you will certainly do it one day, much sooner than you imagine.

Go the blokes push-ups; very cool :-)

J

Cirque said...

Somehow I can't imagine you taking that long to achieve any of your goals Clairie. Congrats on the improvement in your strength training.

Aki said...

Hang in there Clairie, 4:30 for 10 mins is incredible.