Thursday, September 08, 2005

Slowest Speed Session

As I sit typing this my whole body is aching. My back is sore, my legs are throbbing and my arms are tired.

This morning I was very motivated and keen to get out of bed but had to move very slowly as my body had seized up.

I did a very hard session in the gym yesterday trying to do lots of arm and back weights but then followed it up with some legs as well so ended up doing the whole body. I can now do 30 'men' pushups but my shoulder blades are feeling it.

So whilst I turned up to this mornings speed session I had no intentions of going fast. We did 4 x 2min with 40sec rest and then a 1km run which we had to guess what our time would be. I guessed 4:40 and did 4:30 (funny that after the session it actually felt like I was running at 5:00 pace even!!).
Liz was busting a gut and did really well on the 2min efforts, Tesso was running with me as she is on her marathon taper now. Don't know how she does it but with the 1km run she was only 4 sec off her time. Good pacer!

I think the 25km on Sunday and Tuesdays speed session is catching up with me. Will be resting tomorrow with just a few light weights at the gym and an easy long run by myself down on the coast.

Thinking of you Tesso and all the other Sydney runners this weekend. Have fun, enjoy it and remember - Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body" .... I think my pain needs to do some speed work :-)

Clairie, I'm not surprised your big few days caught up with you. But it was great to see doing the right thing and backing off, especially seeing I had the pleasure of your company on those 2 minutes reps.

Thanks for the good wishes. Enjoy your not-so-secret Kurrawa training.