Thursday, September 29, 2005

Uggghhh Ugly Session

Nike should have signed me up for their ugly runner because I was certainly running ugly today!

Did 2 x 2km and 1 x 1km with 60sec rest.

During the warm up I decided I was a crap runner and should have stayed in bed. Tess and Liz weren't there and I ran chatting to Ally and Tammy but could barely get my breath. Very unfit. Don't know quite what but I will put it down to too much travel weariness.

Did the strides and then headed out to do first 2km. Felt quite easy but the pace was decent.
8:20 then 60sec rest

The next 2km was absolute chaos. Crap, shite, whatever you want to call it. Ran 9:40 It must have been a hard day for everyone though as I still seemed to be in the same pecking order and was just behind Tim and Michael and in front of Scotty. Very Strange. Maybe the watch was running fast :)

First day since back from injury that I actually wished I had stayed in bed!

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Crap runner you most certainly are not!! Everyone has there off days, just makes the good days even sweeter :)

Tesso said...

No such thing as a crap run Clairie!

I thought about you guys this morn as I went for a run down here in Sydney and wondered if i should incorporate some speed work. During my 'close to 6 minute pace' jaunt I sprinted across the road against the lights two or three times. Does that count ;-)

See, you did waaaaaay more than I did.

Matty said...

No Tess, that doesn't count!!!!

Clairie, as I said on my blog, many in the group had a Barry Crocket and the unsually strong wind from the North East didn't help.

Rob said...

See you Sunday Clairie. I reckon I will be running hard to keep you in sight....but then again!

Tamyka Bell said...

I reckon you hit the lap button on your watch at the end of the first rep, and didn't hit it at the start of your second rep. Then it would show 9:40 instead of 8:40; that extra 20s would feel poo but you'd still be in the pecking order :)