Today I have finally achieved all my 2005 Running Goals that I set at the beginning of the year.
Yes at long bloody last I did my sub 45min 10km. Ran 44:50 this morning and was *still am* absolutely over the moon about it.
I went out way too fast and feel that overall this resulted in a slower finish time so I will have to work on diff race techniques.
Got to the 2km marker in 8:33, then I ran some consistent 4:30min/km with a 4:47 blowing me out of the water. Must have been around the 6km mark as I was fading then.
During the race we actually ran through the finish line of the Brisbane Road Runners who had their 14km Championships on today. So there was a decent crowd there cheering us on as we went up the street, then turned and came back. Was bloody fantastic to see all my mates there cheering and yelling and offering me lollipops *grins*
After passing them for the second time on the way home I looked at the watch and thought I had lost all chances of a good time so I just settled into an even pace and kept going. Then at the 8km mark I snapped out of it and said...you can do this just pretend it is time trial. So I did. I saw the 9km mark on the road and looked at the watch it said 40:34... I had exactly 4:26 to fnish it off and I thought I could do it. Then 50m down the road was the REAL 9km hat and sign. DAMMIT. So I pulled out of 4th gear and went into 5th and chugged along. Hearing the finish was good and then seeing my family spurred me on.
Tess and Ciaran were on the final bend and yelling out support so I hot footed it to the finish. Clock said 44:53 but I get to knock 3sec off as I didn't start on the line. Cool.
Tess raced up to the finish and as soon as I saw her I realised I had made it and started crying.Yes, I was a big baby and had a sook at the finish. Waited so long for this and I honestly was thinking my 10km's were cursed.
Now I am just happy and glad that it is behind me. More races to focus on and hopefully that is the last 10km one this year. Onto bigger and longer stuff now I hope. 25km Championships in a few weeks which will be good training for Kurrawa.
16 comments:
Well done Clairie!! It was great to be there this morning!!!
Great running conditions gave you every chance of a PB and good on you for grabbing it!!!
I'm sure we'll be hearing about it over and over again at training this week!! ;-)
I'm so glad you've reached your goals Clairie. You've worked so hard for this and I'm so glad you didn't let that **** injury stop you getting there. HUGE CONGRATS!!!!
Congratulations Clairie *claps loudly*
What a sensational run!!
Well Done, Clairie.
Congratulations.
Clairie, what an absolutely awesome run. That was just sooooo exciting!
You've worked so hard and waited so long for this one, it was well deserved. It was yours for the taking before you got injured and I bet that makes the achievement just so much sweeter.
Sub 2 hours at Kurrawa here we come!
You bloody bewdty!
It's been a long haul back from Canberra and your sub-45 is well deserved! Having cracked that barrier now, the sky is the limit!
That was awesome work, Clairie, it was great to see you looking so happy at the finish :D
Well done Clairie, it was always just a matter of time!
Great to see a goal like that go down that has been "out there" for a while.
Delighted for you Clairie, seems such a long time ago "we" tried for sub 45 in Canberra, at last it's happened. Here's to many more PBs!
So proud of you, just goes to show what you can do when you want it as bad as you did. You were looking great on that last corner... bring on 2006 goals!! :)
*cheers* you go, girlfriend! :) Fantastic!
Glad to see you get the monkey off your back Clairie. Especially after all the injury problems you have had since Canberra. Great to see you tick off your 2005 goals. I'm looking forward to reading about your new ones.
You beaaaaaaaauuuuty Clarie. xxx000 Congratulations! I am so proud of you. You have been through so much to achieve this.
Congratulations Clairie. It just goes to show that perserverance and consistancy pays off. You've kept up the hard work and got there in the end, with three months to spare. Awesome job.
Excellent Clairie. Very happy for you. Can't wait to see how you go at Canberra mara next year.
Wow, well done - what a fantastic PB! You'll be unstoppable now!
Post a Comment