Saturday, September 24, 2005

Choc Brownie Run

I'm calling it my Choc Brownie Run because I arrived home with an arm full of Choc brownies - much to the absolute pleasure of my husband.

Dropped my car at the Regatta and met up with Tesso, ran into the Ship Inn at 5km pace...whoa so much for slow long run pace. Felt okay though.

Then Tess and I met up with all the other Running Buddies and we decided to run out to West End Ferry about 10.5km, after that we went into the botannical gardens. We all split up there as most went over the Story Bridge for a longer run.

Tess, Liz and I wanted to run in the shade and as we had been running our long run at 5min pace thereabouts for more than 15km now we were quite knackered. Did another 4km going around the gardens in the lovely shade. It was actually the most pleasant part of the run.

We all arrived back around the same time to the Ship Inn and stopped for breaky. I had a $50 voucher to use up so we all tried to eat as much as possible. Still had $15 left on the Tab when we were leaving and then I spied their brownies...so got them to fill a takeaway container for me. I have to admit to having half of one this afternoon - very rich but most delectable. Tess definitely have to try one of them on our next night out!!

Off to jump on the plane now to go to Perth. Another Business Trip. Hope Eagles win today (its half time now and 10 points down) that way tomorrow night will be a good night out *grins*

2 comments:

CJ said...

Unfortunately Eagles lost by 4 points :( It was a good close game but it was the Swans day. Have a nice time in Perth - I was there earlier this year.

Tesso said...

I'm with you Clairie, that last 4k in the Gardens was the best part of the run. That's if you don't count the yummy brekky afterwards :-) Thanks so much for that.