Great session this morning - hundreds of people turned out. I think all we were missing was Tesso and Jodi.
Mikado was there - still going strong despite his 3:31 marathon at Sydney.
We ran out to New Farm and did 60sec on 60sec off, 30sec on 30sec off, 15sec on 15sec off - a good hitout before a 10km race Pat said.
I love this session but it is very hard. I think I love it because it was the one session I turned up to Pat's for when I had bad ITB and I jogged on the grass alongside everyone else. I remember wanting so badly to be able to run fast so now whenever we have that session I recall not being able to run and it spurs me on.
Despite that I still felt like I slowed in the second last one today. My 30s and 15s are always powerful but the 60sec is where I tend to get overtaken by others. Might need to work on that.
Was great to then do the warmdown with Liz - who is doing really well at the moment and has her 10km time down to 42min. So running back with her we both pushed each other and kept the pace over the 3km very steady and didn't slow on the bridge (hill) either.
Jo is off to the Berlin Marathon tomorrow so we all said goodbye and goodluck. Amazing. I would love to do one International run each year. mmm what one to do first??? Has anyone done one that they would recommend?
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun session I missed. You should be nice and primed for Sunday now.
Unlike you I am hopeless on the 15 and 30 second reps, but seem to overtake more people when its at least 1 minute or more. Maybe we can help eachother out here.
PS I wanna wake up in a city that never sleeps :-)
I love the new goal you've set for yourself - go Clairie go !!
J.
Haven't run an international marathon yet - but would love to, one day. Will stick to one in each state at the moment!
Post a Comment