Thursday, December 07, 2006

Its just soooooo close now.....3 sleeps!!!!

Am still a bit under the weather but I can't work out if that is due to general malaise or the 18 pancakes I had at Pat's this morning.

Not long now till the race and too late to worry about general fitness. So just concentrate on keeping relaxed and in high spirits.

This is it...been working towards this and it is just about here.

Will post again after the race. Thanks to everyone for your witty, wonderful, encouraging comments. They all mean a lot and forgive me for not always responding.

Being in such an elated, weird mood, I am going to be psychic and predict that Tomorrow at Pat's speed session Tesso will win a pair of sunglasses........

16 comments:

Cirque said...

Will be thinking of you Clarie. Try to enjoy the next few days.

Shane said...

It is close!! can't wait!

I just wish I had a few more k's under the belt or if Robbie wasn't so damn fast and wasn't going to going to bet my partner by 25 mins then maybe you could have dragged me along ;-)

Relax, see ya Sunday!

Ewen said...

Looking forward to reading all about it Clairie. Be rested on the day and you'll run well. Enjoy those sleeps.

It was only the pancakes after number 6 that did it ;)

Tesso said...

So, did you have a premonition I'd win that dry-cleaning voucher on Tuesday?

Keep a-bloody hydrating Maria :-)

Dave said...

Get plenty of sleep/hydration/food Clarie!

I'm sure you'll have a stunning run :)

Superflake said...

I'm thinking they were small pancakes. That's a bit of weight to burn off by Kurrawa. Good luck with the race. Hope you run well.

Robert Song said...

Hang loose till Sunday and then have a great run. Hope the weather continues to be mild.

Anonymous said...

Hey Clairie

Best of Luck on Sunday. Bring it on - race hard and trust in your training. I am looking forward to the race report next week. Good luck to all you others racing also!

Little Sis.

Mat said...

The odd feeling sounds like plain old excitement and anticipation. You should do great. You sound well prepared :-).

2P said...

All the best for the big dance Clairie - even if you haven't prepared enough :-p

Hehehehe - ok - I've voluntarily put myself in the naughty corner for that one.

You are going to do great mate :-)

Samurai Running said...

Hey Clairie

Thanks heaps for the advice vis-a-vis the pre race nerves. I'll be thinking about you on Sunday and look forward to hearing the race report.

Ganbatte "Do your best"

Jen said...

Clairie, you are going to have a sensational run. Can't wait to read about it!!

Good luck & HAVE FUN :-)

Rob said...

All the best Clairie. A little sweat, a little pain. Great character building stuff.

Stu Mac said...

all the best!


And did she win the sunnies, I s'pose I better check Tesso's blog..

Toasty said...

I can't wait to hear how you ran. But I guess I will have to. I sent good thoughts your way and you probably found the little surge about half way along thanks to me. I was exercising my own physic powers

R2B said...

So how did it go????