Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year: 2009

Time to get serious and that means blogging. I always train better when I have to record what it is I actually do!

Lets just so the past few months have been erratic in my training. Whilst I have continued to run weekly, it has been hit and miss. Some weeks I trained 6 days. Other weeks just once. Not really the best for someone trying to get back into a habit and get focussed.

This year the goals are:

Canberra Marathon - complete it in one piece
Brisbane Marathon - sub 3:20
Gold Coast Half - sub 1:35

I would honestly be happy if I just got through this year with no injuries and being able to run regularly with at least one PCRG session each week, and a decent long run.

Currently here is a summary of where I am at now for the record:

Long run - 2hrs comfortably but suffering with heat a bit. Enjoy the long runs but love stopping for water every 20mins for a few sec!!
Can't handle Gu or anything in the stomach so must do some runs with that in mind.
No speed whatsoever. Can't really run fast anymore. Working on this by getting to more speed sessions and slowly building it up. Don't have time to build mileage and speed seperately if I want to run a sub 3:20 later this year....so throwing both into the mix...in a reasonable manner.

Love running with my buddies on the weekend so that will be my main run each week.

Have goals for the time trials on the first Tuesday of each month but I'll keep them secret for now.

Have done training program for Canberra to get me across the line. Will note down here what I manage to achieve each week.

Hope everyone has a great year of running and training and meets their goals and expectations...see you out there on the road.

6 comments:

Superflake said...

Looking forward to running Canberra with you Clairie. Great to see you back into it. Sub 3:20 at Brissie looks like your PB shot?

speedygeoff said...

All the best for 2009, Clairie. See you in Canberra

Toasty said...

You can do it!

Jen said...

Great to have you back blogging Clairie! All the best for 2009. Looking forward to following your journey to, and beyond, 3:20 !

Spud said...

Great stuff Clairie,

Go for it!
Look forward to following your progress.

Ewen said...

Great goals Clairie. I'll be an IHateToast groupie in Canberra cheering you all on.