Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 Steps Forward...1 Back: 18km Mid Week run

Today was a beautiful morning for a run, I just couldn't get my mojo to run in sync with my legs. A few sleepless nights and not eating right totally made me feel like finishing the run early. It started out great though so was a bit of a shock to hit the wall.

I did a few km warm up with MattyO and made it back to the Ship Inn in time to depart with the 5:00am Buddies. We headed out to New Farm via Kangaroo Point over the Story Bridge. I was chatting and running with Tesso and after a few km we were running 4:50's quite easily. She dropped me on the bridge though and whilst I managed to keep running around 4:45-4:50pace they all got faster.
Ran with Brett and Graham for a bit then eventually after hitting the river again on the way home I let them go and just hung back. The calf and hip were killing me today. I think I'm on the verge of experiencing some intense pain that is very much NOT welcome. Might rest up tomorrow or maybe just book a massage. Got to be in top condition for my run on Friday.

1 comment:

Toasty said...

Perhaps if you wear the HRM you will have some more information about what is going on.

Getting more sleep was another important ingredient for me during my training for the last marathon. I know it's easier said than done.