Sunday, June 12, 2011

Its time to move!

This week I commence training.
I have no idea what I am training for, hopefully that will come. But I want the pain and joy and excitement that training gives when you achieve the little goals along the way and I want to see the benefits of training in both gains in speed (times) and fitness.

I am unlikely now to be doing City to Surf 2011, though I have entered it doesn't coincide well with other events in my life. We'll wait to see. Airfares are not yet booked.

I'm running Gold Coast Half Marathon as the 2hr official pacer with Tesso - that should be a lark. It will be good to finish and still have plenty of time and energy to cheer on all my friends to the finish of their big event.

Then there are months of training and small races of various kinds before December arrives and the K U R R A W A event is on once again. A rest of two weeks and then the real build up to Canberra. My goal would be to go sub 3:20, my A Goal being 3:15...but that all depends on the ability for me to focus and stick to my training over the next 9 months.

So hopefully this blog will be resurrected again for no other reason but to keep me honest and start a record of my training. Its Time.

1 comment:

Robert Song said...

Good luck with the plans. You have almost inspired me to do an update on my blog.