You take a few days off to face the stresses of life that are not related to running...and just assume its going to take its toll when you next lace up those shoes.
Then magic happens. You load the ipod up with some meaningful beats and hit the familiar road to test the legs. Zoom you're off. Yep that happened to me tonight. I had to laugh when I saw two cyclists in the distance and worked my way up to gain on them. Done. As I went past they said óh the shame overtaken by a jogger'. I had to retort "I'm a RUNNER!!!" They were too far back to hear me I am sure :)
I got to the top and the family went past in the car to check on me (it was getting quite dark). I tried to run as hard as I could to get around the Mountain so they didn't worry so much. Allan knew how much I needed this run so he told me to go around TWICE and they'd meet me at the top.
The first loop was amazing. I still now, a couple of hours later, can't put into words the emotion and feeling I had when I turned the corner and saw the Summit. Running up to the top was just sublime and I took a few seconds to watch the last of the sun go down.
I won't bother discussing the next loop up again. It was hard and I hurt and I was very stupidly running in the dark - even the police stopped to check after some idiots hooted and were driving crazy.
But the run was all about that first loop. Just need to get faster and life would be perfect!
1 comment:
Had some down time so thought a little about your Coot-tha runs. There is something here to build a program around. I still would like to see your HR and if you were to wear it even with PCRG or a recovery run, etc it will indicate how hard to go. There is more speed in you and it will come a lot easier than you think. Trust me. Nothing cryptic here. There can be many ways to be flexible about your training and make the program fit you. Maybe 3 key sessions a week and the rest can be social or general in nature. Wow is a great place to be. Perhaps we can call some of the sessions Wows?
Post a Comment