I'm starting to feel tired. My legs are great, doing all the right things...maybe twinging here and there but in a good way - I can feel them!!
Today was going to be a drag - literally! With no babysitters I had to take Billy in the pram for our planned 21.1km practice run at race pace. This was going to be interesting.
In actual fact it was totally fun. Tesso and I talked and ran and KEPT TRYING TO SLOW DOWN. I hardly noticed the pram - well except on the small rise out to Orleigh Park. Billy was wonderful - just sat there the whole time.
After about 80mins though I was feeling the pull of my muscles that you use when you run with a pram (arms/stomach) as opposed to the legs and I was not all that comfortable.
I wrapped the run up at about 17.5km - we were close to averaging our race pace and that was good enough for me. I know with the delays to the start, the water tables and just running back and forth, we will nail this and ensure those around us have a ball as well.
I was completely exhausted a few hours later - totally incapable of even watching TV (Cairns Ironman was on!!) and just crashed and burned. Nothing a good steak and a restful sleep didn't fix though!
No comments:
Post a Comment