Despite there being a team of Boot Campers in the gardens this morning Pat decided that was exactly where we were going to run today.
It was fun to see everyone again - Tesso back on board now. However there are still a few familiar faces that are not there. Chelle, MJ, Matty and Jodi were all absent.
We did the 2mins on 30sec run recovery lapping around the gardens with the heave-ho over the bark path. I like this run only as it is different to everywhere else that we run. I started slowish and then picked up the pace to run with Jan for a few laps but she left me for dead on the fourth one and on the second last one I got lapped by the fast guys! how dismal. :( Each time one went past me I picked up the pace so I think overall they actually helped me do better and remain consistent.
Was good to hear Slash say at the end that he had to work hard to reel me in and go past...that's what I like to hear.
Most exciting news today was that everyone seems to be pairing up for Kurrawa. this is truly going to be a great race with so many competitors and familiar faces.
Will have to start training seriously in October. Next couple of weeks I am out to Perth again and have other work n weekend committments. Good to have a bit of a relaxed time before building up in the heat anyhow.
2 comments:
Great session this morning! We haven't done that one in the Gardens for months. It was great to be back there even if some people got their new shoes dirty :-)
Slash was on fire and leading the A team, must be a good feeling knowing he was pushing hard to reel you in.
So jealous of you guys... and I never thought I'd say that about getting up at 5am!!
Post a Comment