Had a ghost session at Pats this morning - only 16 of us turned up!
Big weekend with Sydney, Glasshouse and 10km Womens Race so no suprise today was a bit light on.
Pat had a suprise all ready for us - a hill session. Said it was best to get us into shape for Sundays 10k race. We headed out to the Gardens to find Pat had paced out a much much longer route. This one took in two hills and had us running on the path around the gardens with only two rests as we descended each hill followed by sprints and a charge up the hill. Due to the size of the group I actually had the pleasure (??) of Pat running on my shoulder pushing me hard up a few of the hills and yelling out to me when he wasn't running with me. Made a big difference when charging up the hills to have his support and dig deep for that bit more of an effort.
Today was great. The legs felt good and I seem to have lost the 'lead feeling' that they have had for the past week. This was a good session but like all others, once it is over I wish I had gone even harder...
I ran hard but rested on the downhills a bit more than the others so I have to work on not slowing so much on my recoveries (how do you guys do that???)
2 comments:
Wow, sounds like a tough morning. Only 16 in the group - yikes, there'd be no hiding from Pat! Still, its my favourite session so am sorry to have missed it.
Don't worry about not pushing too hard on the downhills just yet - you gotta still beware of that ITB.
Can't wait to get back into it next week.
It's you to hear that you are working your guts out again Clairie. You would probably be able to eat me for brekky now....but don't take it for granted.
Post a Comment