Monday, October 03, 2005

Tomorrows Run

It is Monday night and I am very nervous about tomorrow's run. Nothing special just another 3km Time Trial.

Only this time I think something is really wrong with me. After last Thursdays session (no it wasn't a misprint I really did do 9:40 TankGirl) I felt so dejected. Then on Saturday's long run I could only do 10km before collapsing in a heap. I felt like those people you read about with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Just could not go any further and the whole body was sluggish and totally totally wiped out.

In view of this my dearest husband did what he could and ensured I had a kid free weekend (ok you can return them now whoever has them...) with cheese and wine and 'married peoples moments' with lots of sleep and water and laughs. A perfect weekend - oh except the Cowboys lost.

But tonight here I am going to bed - it IS nearly 8pm and very anxious that tomorrow will just be the same - dead legs.

I am not worried too much about the time but more how I feel. Actually I lie. I do worry about the time. Imagine if I did like waaaaaay longer than what I normally do. How devastating.

Oh well whatever it is I can't solve the problem here. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to report that the weekend worked wonders and I am a renewed woman....HOPEFULLY.

3 comments:

runlady said...

Sounds a lot like my weekend - attempting to recharge the batteries. Hope it worked for you. Don't worry about your times for a while, they will come good again in time. Remember to enjoy running.

CJ said...

I echo what Lady said - enjoy your running. If you don't do a good time tomorrow don't let it get you down - there will be another time. Sometimes you just need a breather.

Hannah said...

*hugs* I feel like coming down there in the morning to cheer you on! I'm sure everything'll come good :)