I was on fire this morning. Something about waking up and knowing I had to face the coach at 5:30am (avid NSW supporter he is!!). Go QUEENSLAND!!!!
Got there and Coach Chris was all grumpy and quiet (funny that..) and told us we had to do fartlek up the mountain this morning. Said we were doing 30sec efforts up Mount Cootha and he would indicate when we could stop. At the bell we all raced off and at 3mins he eventually tooted for us to stop. He did this 5 or 6 times by which we were at the ABC studios and no longer trusting him anyway.
I worked really hard and even though I knew he would not toot before 3mins (after the first one) I pushed hard as if we were going to stop any second now.
Liz and I were using each other again and we were both putting in for our last hill session before Gold Coast.
Yes I have tired legs now but I feel great and am proud of my efforts. Wish so hard though that I had put in the same effort weeks ago. No good to me now with the half marathon only two weeks away.....but the feeling of working hard is great nontheless.
3 comments:
Tee hee, Chris was quiet last night too. I didn't get one reply from my SMSs to him.
Sounds like another solid session Clairie. Wow, its a wonder those little legs of yours aren't a few inches shorter the way you've been wearing them down lately.
Its so great to have somebody else around to drive you up that hill. Well, not literally, though that would be great too :-) I'm sure your efforts of late will more than pay off in a couple of weeks time.
See ya in the morn for an easy, or earsier, or easyish one.
There is no title for this post so I will make one up for you ..... ummm ....
ok
"Cootha with the Grumpy Old Coot"
or
"Dashing Duo Digging Deep"
Sounds like it was a very solid session, hard work doing speed and hill work at the same time, something I don't do a lot of.
All the best for GC.
Stu
Post a Comment