Monday, June 19, 2006

Typical!

After spending the morning cheering and helping out at the River Run on Sunday I raced across town to the BRRC Committee Meeting. The meeting went for over 2hrs and when I stood up to go home I fell back down again. My knee has swollen up again with the sypmtoms of what I can ELEPHANITIS but what is actually bursitis.

The bursar at the back of my knee is trapping fluid again and it was very painful last night.
It has gone down a bit this morning but still noticeably swollen so I elected for a second rest day in order for it to be okay to run on tomorrow for Pat's 3km Time Trial that I am just dying (NOT!!!) to do.
I will wear a compression bandage tonight and take a few anti-inflamms...... ho hum.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Bugger. So sorry to hear that Clairie. Hope it settles down v soon

BTW, thanks for your very kind offer to use your bike at GCM. That would be fantastic, thanks so much! Look out GCM - the cheersquad is now mobile :-)

Tesso said...

I only need one toothpick (I can run with just one eye open) so will jab you in the back of the knee with the other one. Though hopefully the treatment you are giving it will mean it won't come to that.

Chelle said...

Oh no, oh no, oh no... elephant lady is back :) Hope its all free from swelling and pain before you know it!

CJ said...

Ouch Clairie - I hope it gets better real soon. What a bugger though. And take care.