Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tessos Talkative Training Trot

A good size crowd at Pat's today.

Headed out with Tesso and quickly got in front of the bulk of runners and set our minds to staying there!
We had pre-planned to go out steady and try to aim for getting from the Ship Inn out to the New Farm Bowls club in under 27mins.
We made it in just over 26mins, though I was pushing it all the way and would have dropped off the pace if Tesso wasn't trotting alongside me telling me all about her runs and concerts and music and and and....where did she have the breath to talk??? We finished up the run with 9.65km and an average pace of 4:34/km...and she was chatting??? Obviously back to fitness very quick!

After the 50min run we had to nominate our 1km times. I chose to do 4min but after the run with Tesso I was a bit worn out. Still I determined to do the best I could.

It was a shock to hear Pat say "4mins" when I crossed the line. That means I was bang on my ETA. Woo hoo! Might be getting the hang of this pacing stuff. Actually no I think it was pure luck. I thought I was going faster than 4min/km but was just eager to finish.

Then after that we did a 2km cooldown over the bridge and around Southbank back to the Ship Inn where we scoffed down pancakes with fruit mmmmmmm my favourite run!!

Tesso won the award for Best Member today. I was most overjoyed with that!!

5 comments:

Tesso said...

Thanks so much for the great run this morning Clairie! Funny, I could swear you were doing all the talking ;-) But hey, what a good feeling to have the front pack so close, I usually lose sight of them by the end of The Gardens.

And it was awesome to see you really step on it on the way back and mow everybody down. Look out anybody in your way at the GC Half. You really should carry a warning siren and wear a flashing light on our cap :-)

Congrats on being spot on in your 1k guess. But I don't recall Pat doing the announcement for that ... probably too busy scoffing pancakes.

CJ said...

Pancakes - I love pancakes. Definitely something to look forward to when out running a session like that. The pace you girls go - it makes my eyes water. Sounds like you are getting back into it Clairie and that you haven't rusted at all!

Toasty said...

I could hear you two chatting up in front chatting on the cool down .... I especially like the count down by Tesso right at the end.

Katie said...

Hahahaha... reminds me of one of the girls we train with who can talk under water and never seems puffed!

Wobbly man said...

Sounds like a great run and a great breakfast! Well done on the 4min estimate - I can't ever get those runs even close to my estimates