I was fully loaded up with ipod (new music) and garmin this morning before setting out for my mid-week long run. Planned to do around 16km and was suprised to see Tara at the Regatta at 5:30am. Oh goody some company.
Little did I know that she is on drugs at present (ok so not true) and was flying along. Luke the AFL ump could not keep up and turned around!! I was trying to go faster but legs were swearing at me. We stopped for water a few times and I really needed the rest.
Just as we hit the 3km mark to home we both somehow took off and upped the pace to 4:20's. We were hooting. Then the last km we did in 4:05 or thereabouts.
Garmin was very unfriendly this morning - I think it was all the concrete and having it on autostop/start. So the total mileage said 14.5km in 1:12 but Tara's watch had 1:19:58 running time which was more likely. So we lost almost 8mins of running data for some reason. I think it just didn't like going sooo fast. Might have to sleep in to avoid running with Tara in future hee hee.
Was a great run to do (now that I am finished) in the lead up to the Gold Coast Half Marathon. One for the bank.
5 comments:
Sounds like you were running too fast for those satellites to lock on.
Good run though and great prep for your 93 min half :)
Woooooooooooo-hooo - 4.20's and a final K in 4.05 you guys are on fire!
Your bank account must be huge :-)
Great run Clairie. Tara was in similar form on Sunday, kept us all honest. Pity about the Garmin cutting out, very annoying. Its done that to me when I've been running under the expressway.
See ya Flyday.
Yep, Garmin can get lost on that run and more so at that speed.
I go without the autostop feature and "smooth" the pacing setting as well.
I'm with chelle and surprised I didn't see the smoke rising above the Regatta as I left for work this morning.
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!
Post a Comment