Yes can you guess how excited I am???????????????????????
I popped into Amart Allsports yesterday for a look at their stocktake sale and found some great bargins to be had on tracksuits and juniors running gear. Okay so I ended up spending a fortune (so much for the budget) on Matty to ensure he is fully kitted out for his winter running. 50% tracksuits!!! He loved it so much he slept in it.
I went past all the tempting womens gear and made it to the counter (yes it was a shock to dear hubby) but there I saw the GARMIN SALE woo hoo. 50% off! Yep I got a 201 for $130 how cool is that! They ended up not having one in stock so hubby - bless his cotton sox - drove to another store and got one for me.
Today was supposed to be a rest day but after getting my new toy I couldn't wait to get out there. Charged it up last night and then at 4pm this afternoon did a run around the block at my house. It is a hilly course around Mt Ommaney but very cool (summer it is shaded) and pretty.
Average pace: 5:00
Distance: 7.7km
The funny thing was Hubby took a shortcut of 2km (he ran 5.7km) and I told him I would catch up to him. Then I bolted up the hill and ran hard to try to get him. Never did.....months ago I would have got him. He even fessed up to walking the last 200m uphill to our house (it is VERY steep) because he couldn't even see me! How depressing! Or should I be happy that he is improving???
My legs are tired now but after the long run on Saturday I am glad I turned them over today before speedwork tomorrow morning.
Big day tomorrow. New Boss....must remember to be on best behaviour.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
7 comments:
Nice bargin Clairie!!! that is great your hubbie is improving! My Ray has just started and I can't wait to be able to go for a run with him. He is still at about 2.5km and won't let me come!!
omg - Garmin sale! How jealous am I? LOL... it's top of my gadget list atm, that's for sure!
But between skins, new shoes, race belt, socks and a new fuel belt, I think I hath reached my running goodies quota for a while LOL!
You are going to have to do more practice on your tackling style, if we are ever going to be a chance of beating Eddie.
A 201 for $130 is extremely cool .... that's a get toy indeed. See you in the morning.
I saw Al and Matty doing the Run for Research. Saw them twice actually. First time I was past them before my addled brain got it together. Second time I was prepared.
Thanks for the hug and cheers Clairie...means a lot to a decrepit old runner.
Garmin..your blogs will be bulging with statistics.
Wow, bargain alright. I'm tempted to go and buy another for my other arm ;-)
I reckon Al's been doing secret training, that's why you couldn't catch him. Beware of an elbow 10 meters from the finish line at the Gold Coast.
See ya at Pat's in the morn.
Great bargain.
So what's the new Garmin's name?
Post a Comment