Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Torture Tuesday

It wasn't hard to get up this morning - I was already awake. Lots going on at work. EOFY etc etc

I was looking forward to running but didn't think I would have much in me. Suprisingly my butt was a bit sore from the mountain climb. It was going to be one of those days where I PLAN to do 80%.
Imagine my suprise when I got to Pats and saw he had a HILL SESSION planned *groan*

It was a long warmup with Tesso - we had lots to catch up on as we hadn't seen each other in two days!!! We made our way to the gardens just in time for Pat to call out for the strides to begin. A few of those and off we took for a 20min session of hills.

Go hard on the up and coast the downhills.

Damn I love this session. It is by far my favourite at PCRG.

My heart wasn't in it today but I worked hard nonetheless - more than the planned 80% and banked another worthwhile session. It was interesting to see who I could go past on the uphill - a lot of the fast guys/gals, but they totally kept going and blew away from me on the downhill where I had to drop back 99 gears to get my breathing under control.

One day, I vow, I am just going to hang on.

A note to self - just get out of bed and get there, the run will work itself out no matter how fatigued I feel!

1 comment:

speedygeoff said...

Well done, it's good to see that you are enjoying the hardest sessions!