That dreaded time trial comes around so quickly each month. With the recent weather being warmer and warmer I thought today would be a scorcher but thankfully the rain kept most of the heat away. Unfortunately the wet weather did nothing to assist running!
Last week I told Pat I would bring the group water to the Time Trial so I parked my car where the race ends, then jogged to the meeting point. Then we ran our warm up to the start - so already I was soaking wet and buggered! That was before the race!
Just as Pat yelled GO the sky opened up and it poured down. Really hard rain. My shoes were like lead and I could hardly see in front of me. Suprising how fast you can run when you are trying to hold up your leggings! I was sure they would fall down as they were so heavy and wet but realised if I kept running fast with the knees up they were safe.
Nonetheless I pressed on. Before the end of the first 1Km I was the last in the group...I hate being last....where were all the slow people?
I started running hard with 500m to go and ended up pulling a PB - my fastest ever 3km (well since I've been recording) 00:13:18.
2005 Goal is 13mins even.
At the finish of the race everyone was keen to press on back home and were all waiting for me to finish (having done their TT somewhere between 00:09:30 and 00:12:30. The last thing those wet runners wanted was water to drink! However I was lucky enough to have my car there so packed up the water and copped out on the warm down.
Feeling dry and pretty good about the run now. Bring on 2005......
2 comments:
Congratulations on the PB Clairie. I'm sure you'll get it down to 13 minutes if you keep training as hard as you are now.
Congratulations on the PB Clairie. Thanks for the being so thoughtful and bringing the water.
Post a Comment