Running almost killed me after a shocking nights sleep, actually that's not true, I slept like a baby, I just only had 4 hours of it!
Took the teenage girls shopping last night at about 11pm then decided to do the food shopping then instead of today. Got home and into bed after 1am (so I guess I did it today after all!). Up at 5am to go to the Regatta Runners.
Headed out with the Regatta guys whilst talking to Glenda (VERY FAST RUNNER) and focussed on maintaining pace with her and hence the lead group all the way.
Wow I thought I was such a good runner....striding it out with the lead pack and feeling good all the way. Felt like Christmas.
Not sure what happened at the turnaround point (4km) but I certainly didn't hear a gun go off. However everyone else must have - I was left for dead. Glenda took off and so did all the blokes. I was left dreaming that I had even been running with anyone.
Soon after some other Regatta Runners caught up to me so I felt a bit better (ie..wasn't last) but then the damned shoe lace came undone and my shoe almost came off as I was trying to ignore it until the finish. So I stopped at the water fountain and tied it back up - triple decker knot!
Got back to the start in complete exhaustion. I think I had tired legs from yesterdays' speed session as well as it being so bloody hot!!! I had striped off my singlet and ran the last 3km in my bra so I knew it was a stinker of a day to come.
Probably the xmas hat didn't help in cooling me down any.
I wish I had my watch on today but purposely left it off to just run relaxed but I am sure I did a PB for that course. Even tired and hot I felt strong running - just knew I couldnt sustain it for much longer.
Looking forward to Boxing Day so I can have a much desired day off. In the meantime will be fun to do tomorrows Christmas speed session at the Uni.
1 comment:
Well done Clairie. Running with the A Team hey!! Keeping up with Glenda for 4K is a pretty good effort.
You are a glutton for punishment - speed session on Christmas day! whow!.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Eddie
Post a Comment