So as to not aggravate the foot - today was just a walk around the park. Well not literally but it was short.
Ran from the Regatta down to Goodwill bridge and back - approx 10km. Not too quick but faster than my usual long run pace coming home.
Maybe it was because I had left everyone at the bridge to turn around whilst they kept going on for a 21 or 30km Saturday run. To feel a bit better about it I cranked it up a little. Stopped off at a drink spot to stretch the calves and take some water then reached the Regatta feeling good and comfortable.
So used to wasting myself with the long run that it was a pleasant suprise to sit and have a cup of coffee waiting for the runners to come in and feeling quite refreshed instead of tired and achy.
When I run for more than 20km I get sleepy later in the day after showering and eating so normally have a quick 20min nap. Not today. Was energised and spring cleaned the whole house.
Still can't wait for my next long run - 23km up Mount Nebo on Wednesday week.
No comments:
Post a Comment