Turned up for speed session this morning - glad to see good numbers still despite it being holidays for most people.
Don from Canberra - Tunggerong Don - pulled off the track for a pit stop and got left behind. We did not realise until we got to the start of the speed session after our 3/4km warmup. Not being a regular with the group he would not have known where we were headed and would have gone to the Gardens were he ran with us last week.
So Tess and I volunteered to give up our 8x 500m and 1 x 1km speed session to go and look for him. It took a lot of persuading to do this (Yeah Right!!!).
We split up and both went over diff bridges and met up just outside the gardens and split up again....still no sign of him. Running around the garden and calling his name still didn't locate poor Don. So we headed back to Pat's group just in time to start the cool down run.
By the end of it we had done more than 10km - with two speed runs amongst it where Tess and I were trying to race each other. She beat me but I wasn't too far behind - but any more and I would have been left for dead.
Another great run but the nerves are building for tomorrows long run. Have never ran a 20km+ trail before...
No comments:
Post a Comment