Saturday, December 04, 2004

Group Running

One of the best things I like about the weekend long run is heading out with a group and catching up on the weeks runs and how everyone is doing.
Started out at St Lucia golf club carpark. Got there and saw about 30 runners all warming up. Turned out that the Running Buddies were meeting at the same time as the Hash House runners.
A couple of us Running Buddies headed out for a quick 30mins before returning to meet up with the 6am group. Then went out again for about an hour. Nothing too long. A good size - only 7 of us so nice and intimate and we all stayed together.
Most of us were exhausted from the heat and training during the week. Also I think as a number of us are running in Kurrawa next week we were keen to not go too far today.
The run itself was a bit undulating with one reasonable hill close to home. Tesso and Scotty were keen to take us out to a hilly run later in Dec or early next year. Will be a long run so might do it closer to the training leading up to Canberra Marathon - not that I am running in it but I will do the training.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hi Clairie,

I agree, I reckon the long group run on the weekend is great. Running with the Striders really made a difference for my first marathon prep with so many either running it for the first time or able to pass on the vast experience from running many. It is much easier to get through 30 odd km each week when you're running with a number of other runners!

Thanks for your thoughts/comments on my ongoing injury saga, looking fairly good but now I have to wait another week for the doc to review my scan results....

I am certainly glad I don't have to worry about the extra heat, I ran a few times in Brisbane this time last year and remember the comparitive extra heat, although I did have a laugh at your heat acclimatisation workouts.