Thursday, December 02, 2004

Secret Heat Training

Anyone reading this will think I am truly crazy. Not quite but getting there....
I used to live in Darwin for many years and was accustomed to the humidity and breathing thick air. So now that I am acclimatised to the cooler Brissy weather I thought I would remind myself of Darwin in preparation for my run at Kurrawa.

To do this I have turned off the aircon in my car.
Sounds like nothing but when it has been in the sun at the shopping centre or clients office and you hop in - it is stifling - especially in 35oC+.
Whilst driving I have a bottle of water (important to stay hydrated) and leave the windows up. It is like a sauna. Hubby thinks I am crazy but I am truly adjusting really well to the summer already. The 40min drive home usually requires me to turn the fan on - but not the aircon. I am soaking wet when I get home and feel like I have had a workout. Getting out of the car is a relief - like slipping in the pool after a sauna.
Not recommended for everyone - need to pay attention to your vision and staying hydrated when you are driving - but I feel it is doing me some good with maintaining my energy levels in the heat.

No comments: