At last....able to run fast.
Hard session this morning, not sure if it was the weather or what but even on the warm up I was struggling with the decision to quit or plod on...I'M NOT QUITTER so on I trotted. And very glad I did too!
Into the Jungle (Botanical Gardens) for two 5min surges. Run 2.5min as hard and far as you can then turn around and go further than the start. 1min rest then do it again.
This was followed up by lots and lots of reps up a grass hill. I ran these but did not sprint like others were doing. Didn't want to push the foot - which incidently was DOING MARVELLOUSLY -must be fully recovered now.
Then thought we were heading home but did another 4 hill reps on the Goodwill bridge. Managed to catch and run with Tess which was good. It really pushed me and afterwards I felt better for trying that little bit harder. Very motivating to catch someone faster than you and run with them.
The cool down was greatly welcomed to ease out all the twitching muscles.
Showered and sitting at my desk - boss has just bought in Bacon and Egg sandwiches for everyone. Must be Christmas :)
No comments:
Post a Comment