After taking School of Pain last night on my own I was feeling a bit weary this morning. I didn't go hard or fast last night but still it was time spend on my legs and going up and down the ramp (hill) with the other runners.
When I finished the session I met up with Skizzik, Hannah, Tesso (who had been working late) and Karisma for drinks and pizza. I was the only smelly one there yuk! After my glass of 'red coffee' I decided that Tess and I would be more than capable of running 3:50 for each of our 4 x 1km repeats this morning....
As soon as the alarm went off I knew I was in for a hard session. I was not tired but my body felt tired. My legs felt like thick bags of cement yet I assumed they would sort themselves out during the warm up.
Lizzle turned up so it really felt like old times. Yaaa!!! The warm up was good. Didn't really feel bad but my stomach was a bit gurgling at the end and I wasn't sure if I needed to go for a pee or not but decided I didn't.
Felt great after the strides and really was looking forward to getting this session over with to see what would develop....I really shouldn't have bothered.
Tesso said we had to chase Tori - who is really fast. So off we went and I pushed ahead to get Tori. Kept her real close but busted a gut doing it. Went through the first km in 3:48 (500m in 1:50). Rested for 90sec but never got into a decent rythem again. Tried to keep with Tesso and Liz on the second but just after 500m they surged ahead and I found my own personal quicksand. Pulled in at 4:18. The remaining two were slow as well, both 4:12 but I was starting to feel better so I settled with that as a compromise. Tess and Liz were on fire with 4:00's and 4:04s.
Tess was right when she said this morning that my endurance is what I have lost. The gym work kept my fitness up and I don't think the short sharp speed is a problem, but maintaining pace and form over a period of time is really hard for me right now - I'm devastated but I guess I really shouldn't be, after all I am RUNNING AGAIN *bigclaps for clairie*
Looking forward to my long run on Saturday. 21kms woo hoo. Will be a good training run around the river with friends. After that I will nominate a time for Noosa Half.
Gym tomorrow to work the arms and take the load off my legs for a day.
6 comments:
Shouldn't be any dismay in your title there Clairie - that''s a great run, particularly considering you were backing up from the night before.
and yes *claps*, it's great just to see you running again!!
Long runs are great aren't they! Especially after short gutbusters. And that personal quicksand - its a bugger isn't it!
As always a great PC session this morning Clarie!
Thanks for dragging me through that first km so fast - I didn't think I had it in me. Don't be dismayed, I reckon it'll be no time at all and you'll be pumping out another three just as quick.
So, do we publicly declare our goal for 4 x 1k reps?
The endurance will come..no problem Clairie. Patience is all it takes am sure you have learnt a lot about that in recent times.
Thanks for sticking around!
:-)
Mel
Dude, can you tell me where your four minute pace quicksand is located? I'd love to get stuck in it *grins*
Seriously though, you'll be back in top form before you know it! xxx
Post a Comment