Feeling really good about the leg. I just have to accept some form of ache for the next few months but that doesn't mean I can't run. Even going to attempt the BRRC 14km this Sunday for a lark.
Last night I got a call from my sister (Darwin bound) who does triathalons. She said she now has ITB. I didn't grin (MUCH!) but was very (OVERLY) sympathetic. hee hee hee
After 3 weeks she is already been told to have a cortison injection and no one has even suggested the rolling to her. Just stretches, rest, ice, voltaren etc. so first thing - I sent her out to buy a rolling thingy and some plastic cups to make ice (great for massaging the leg with and it ices at the same time).
Maybe this means it has left me and moved on to greener pastures (wishful thinking).
Went to Gym this morning and walked on the tready at a ridiculous incline. (I can honestly say I did rockclimb training this morning thats how vertical I was) followed by 60mins of intense weights.
I am getting more confident about lifting my little weights surrounded by beefcakes lifting their 1Tonne. The fact that I don't appear to be gaining any muscle is a bit perturbing but perhaps that is for the best.
Today is the very first day I have done sit ups in 5 years!!!
Shocking I know but I haven't really bothered with them before. I didn't understand how they could assist with my running. Now I am into the core-training and strengthening I feel the pressure to have the 6 pack like others around me. *groan*
Does anyone know of a red wine that gives 'instant tummy'?
No comments:
Post a Comment