Was just that sort of morning where you felt like greeting everyone you met along the path. The sun was shining (when it finally rose) the birds were chirping, the runners were all talking and puffing along. Very poetic.
Had a good group of us head out to do a 22.5km run around the river and back in along Fairfield Road. It is a undulating course with a few testers but mostly very pleasant. This was the first time I had run this course and I loved it.
We stopped about 4 times to allow the group to merge back together and for water breaks but never for more than a minute.
My legs were fine and I felt really strong on the hills (though Tesso still was flying past me). There was one constant hill where Tesso and I were running alongside and I was enjoying it and feeling good but Tesso - she was chatting away as if we were running downhill! I just nodded and typical wog kept gesticulating with my arms as a response.
When we finished back at the Ship Inn I was exhausted but a very happy girl. Damn if I didn't look in shock when Tesso said 'I'm heading out for another hour - anyone coming?' and off they went. The came back just as I was finishing my breaky and had done 32km!! Can't wait to do those long runs.
No comments:
Post a Comment