What a lot of fun today. Tess and I were marshalls at the finish line for the Park2Park run in Ipswich.
Great to see everyone out there running and helping out.
Best laugh of the day was when a bloke with his camera kept filming Tesso and I to the point where we were questioning his sanity. Instead of getting worried Tess just turned around and started to dance a little jig - had me in tears and still smiling thinking about it.
Also the bloke was not a weirdo - just trying to film the finish line - where we were standing - to catch his child coming home first!
Another funny moment was when we were packing up and Tess and I were trying to pull one of the banners down. I had climbed one tree and undid it but the other side was higher and harder. Tess tried to lift me up - but I am a heffalump and was also worried about breaking her arms! Then Run67 (Adrian) came bounding out of nowhere and like superman yelled 'out of the way' he ran up the hill towards the tree in the hope of getting up it. All he managed was a matrix like bend backwards as soon as he planted his feet on the tree. It was hilarious. I gave him a lift up then, and he got down the banner. But what a laugh :)
Michael - one of the guys Tess talked into doing the long run with her yesterday then fronted up for the half marathon today! Talk about Crazy. Still ran it in 1:44 with all his commando gear on so I was very impressed.
Great day out but after Saturday's run and working all day at the Park, I was exhausted. I went home and ate a big bowl of pasta, had a shower and spent some time with the kids. Allan then took them out shopping but I stayed home and he came back 2hrs later and I was still asleep. Love those nanny naps!!
No comments:
Post a Comment