
ABOVE: Nick, Clairie, Ciaran, Tesso and Tara
I forgot how draining the long run can be. Went out and did around 17km this morning. Did one km in 4:34 - that was about 4km from finish but knew I couldn't sustain it so we slowed down to 5:20. I smelt the end though and did the last one in 4:50 - I was soooo exhausted by then I would have gone faster if it meant finishing sooner!
Should have kept going as I left my protein drink at home on the bench but decided to stay and have coffee and toast with everyone else and wait for Tesso & Co to return - they had been doing a 24k loop and I didn't think I was up to that long just yet.
Cleaned the house like a frenzied mamma followed by a nice granny nap and am now on my way over to Tesso's for a big night out. Glennos 40th Birthday. Should be fun. Hope we dont get persuaded by Nick again to wear napkins on our heads like the above shot at last weeks Pat Carrol Dinner!!!!!! Talk about embarressing!
No comments:
Post a Comment