This morning I went to the Gym and for the first time in weeks actually noticed that the weights are having an effect.
You know how I can tell? The flabby bits on my arms don't flap as much! How cool is that.
To remain fresh for tomorrows long run (the only one that actually feels like I am running it seems) I opted to do a walk on a very high incline for my warmup instead of a run. 15mins of walking is really quite boring!
Without the sweat-pouring effects of a run I decided to go hard on the weights and increased them all by 5kg. Well except for the bicep curls. Afterall I don't want to go home and have hubby say "are you here to fix the washing machine because my wife should be home any minute now....." so I will continue with increasing my reps but maintaining the weights so I don't get butch or anything. (note - for all you gay {can i use that word????} girls out there I don't think there is anything wrong personally with appearing to be butch, I just choose to keep my feminity!)
So back to me.....
Realised it was 8am so I had been at it for 2 hours. Headed for the showers and didn't give a damn, I don't think I would have been able to hold the towel up let alone carry it into the shower with me anyhow.
So now it is the end of the day and I can really vouch for a tough morning session. Great way to end the week and you won't feel as bad when you OD on the vino at the work lunch :)
1 comment:
I'm impressed - 2 hours at the gym. I feel bad now passing on the gym altogether today to go shopping and have coffee with a friend. And I agree with you - 15 minutes (no, even 5 mins) of walking can be very boring. So anyway there's no chance of me ever looking remotely butch because I don't spend enough time in the gym!
Post a Comment