Bit all over the place with training lately and certainly have felt the ups and downs of running in the past week.
Friday am - Darwin, ran with local triathlon group (in sisters runners). They had to do 3x3km loops after a warm up. It was a strength and endurance session they called it. First loop was easy - it was dark and I just sat behind the first few people to follow them. Towards the end we came to a massive hill (Darwins only one) and ran up it. I ran ahead and after that it was a good run with the last loop being the fastest. I was not doing a 3km TT nor was I doing long run pace...so I was happy with the run. However the coach at the end said to everyone 'remember to run easy and slow or you won't burn up the fat' Why did he look at me when he said that. Worse he even said "claire not sure what you were doing but you are training for something else...." and went on to his other team members. Great group and I am glad I went along. Good hill to do hill repeats on.
Silly me then asked my sister to drop me off at the corner and I would run home...I didn't realise it was just over 3km to where I was staying. All up 13km for the day.
Saturday am - 24km. Went on a long run with my new shoes. No orthotics or sports shield so i ended up with beautiful blisters and a beheaded toenail. The run was lovely, cruised around to my elder sisters house but couldn't remember where she lived so went to visit my younger sister whose household was just all waking up. My neices definitely thought I was a loony turning up at 7am at their front gate sweaty and in need of a drink. After downing a powerade I headed home for the remaining 11km. The last few km were tough. I was tired and hot.
Sunday - rest day
Monday - 6km speed session. 3km steady - 14mins then raced home. Got back in 13mins but I had to stop and wait for an army truck so not sure exactly what I was running. I didn't feel like I was going all out and my blisters were still sore but I was happy to be turning over the legs.
Tuesday - rest/travel home.
Wedensday - 16km Story Bridge run - Back in Brisbane and thought I would catch up with some familiar faces at the Regatta. Ended up running by myself for most of the run. Saw Tara on the bridge and ran with Glenda/Langy for a km at the end but mostly just me and the ipod. Had no watch on so no idea of pace.
Tara had a good idea....get someone to pace us to 43min 10km at the River Run in two weeks time.
ANY VOLUNTEERS?
3 comments:
I reckon the Echo would get around that course in around 43 minutes :-)
Good to hear you got some decent running in up in Darwin. Seems funny though to be talking about sweating and being hot.
Sorry I missed you this morn, wasn't sure if you were going or not. Our iPods are fast becoming our best running buddies!
Elite Clairie....hmmm not sure if I can leave comments on elite athletes blogs... (laughed heaps, I hope they appear).
I bet it would have been very enjoyable running in some heat (even though it doesn't get that cold in Brissie).
Stu
I don't know about Noosa. I am looking forward to a nice easy month after the GCM, so don't think I will be in the kind of shape required to run 90 minutes at that time.
But the idea of being paced by an elite athelete does have some appeal.
Post a Comment