I have no idea what went wrong this morning but I called on the excuse fairy and she gave me lots of good ideas....
In the end though I think I just have to say - I HAD A CRAP RUN.
I was running hard and feeling like I was exerting effort. My legs were going as fast as they could on the day. I was breathing okay and not as exerted as I have in the past but with not being able to move the legs any further there was no need to focus on other areas!
I did the first km in 4min - which is where I thought I was at to running today - approx 12min or 12:10. However when I crossed the line Pat called out his watch 12:54 I glanced at my watch and we were matching SNAP!!
Dammit I can walk faster than that!! okay well maybe not really...but you get the drift.
The most embarressing thing about it is everyone coming up to me afterwards "so how did you do" and when I told them my time - they were making excuses for me!! So Sad.
Then the next most embarressing thing happened. Pat asked me on the sly if I wanted him to record my time - officially. *shame* My response was "I did the time and I wasn't just pacing someone or having a jog - I was going as hard as I could on the day.
I even thought twice about blogging it but then the purpose of my blog would be deficit. I need a true and accurate record of my running - including the good and the ugly.
Perhaps the next race I do on a weekend I won't try to backup to a time trial on the Tuesday with great expectations - that's the benefit of a blog. Historical data! (ha! and you thought I was just here for the entertainment..)
9 comments:
Sounds just like my last TT Clairie, the legs and lungs were willing but the watch certainly didn't indicate it. You should never be embarrassed if you've done your best you can on the day.
And you forgot to mention that the turnaround marker was missing, so you no doubt ran more than 3k. And that you have blisters from Glasshouse. Remember, it was longer (and way tougher!) than a half marathon and you wouldn't be expecting a brilliant TT a couple of days after racing 21k.
Ah, just wait until next month. Then again, its the Tuesday after the next GH event. Drat! Then again, maybe you can pace me that day :-)
All of what Tesso said.... Dont be hard on yourself though, I had the same thing this morning, thought I was happily tooting along for a 12:40 pb and crossed the line just after you at 12.59! Yikes! I've put it down to 'one of those things' and you have the blisters to elaborate on that reasoning even more :)
There's always the next one. Stay positive, you are the best one I know at doing that (being positive).
Ok - so you've gone public and we still love you!
Some days are diamonds and some are just......ummm....not
Hey at least you blogged your time, I didn't even bother today. But hey I do have a cold.
Gee Tesso is one wise girl - I agree with her - you should never be embarrassed if you did the best you could on the day. You had a tough run on Sunday - *try* not to beat yourself up too much :-)
What Tesso said.
Some days you are just not on song. I had one on Sunday but tonight was a good training session. Two days apart go figure! It will be better on Thursday back at Pats.
Thats running! The good and bad days.... hey at least you are able to run and are healthy :-)
Post a Comment