It was a race between the garmins this morning. Every few km Toastie and I would ask each other what our garmins said and compare. Obviously Toastie cuts some corners as I was mostly a few metres ahead of him on the GPS.
Tess, Toastie and I met up at 5:30am and headed out for an easy longish run. We aimed to do 17km but knew the course was short. We all gambled on what the gps would tell us at the end.
I said 16.1km
Toastie said 16.25km
Tess said 16.4km - all the way to her house.
Garmin finished up with 16.31km with the distance to Tess making it 16.4km!! Isn't she amazing!
The run itself was really nice and passed quickly. Though going up the hill before Storey Bridge was a bit of a challenge after the session yesterday. I lost my breath and it took me a while to get it back.
With 2km to go I got a bad cramp/stitch and slowed down to breath it out. We then sped up again and I had a very sudden urge to go to the toilet ha ha okay so now I know what the cramp was about!! I did the last km very slowly but as soon as I finished I felt great! Typical.
Right now sitting at my desk I am totally exhausted. My legs are very tired and my whole body feels like it needs a rest. Oh well next week sometime it might get a break :)
1 comment:
I will bring my GPS next time. I felt a bit left out this morn.
Thanks for the great run. We couldn't have asked for better conditions .... or company :-) There's no way I would've run as far or as fast on my own. Must start getting up for more Wednesday runs!
Post a Comment