Friday, August 25, 2006

Struggling

Monday - I rested.
Tuesday - drove to work and ran for just under 5km. At 6min pace. Wow! The legs were really hurting from Sunday. I don't know what it was but they had DOMS bad!
Wednesday - Tess and I ran from the Regatta for 11km. Garmin went lost on us in the gardens so no accurate reading but by the time and the km it did click, we were running around 5:10's. The last few were faster - 4:45s and yes they felt it too!
Thursday - stuffed. Nothing
Friday - thats today! Met my favourite runner and ran with her for 4km. Then Tess went to work (she had ran in to meet me so that was her big run for the day!) and I turned around and ran back to the Regatta. We ran exactly 20mins for the 4km - but had done the first few at just over 5min pace so the last one was a fair bit quicker.

My 4km on the way back felt so slow. I could hear Tess still yelling at me as she ran into the city "SUB 4min" and just laughed. Yeah right. That wasn't happening today!

Finished the 8km in 39:27 so only 30sec faster on the way back. I faded alot and felt fatigued so not sure what is going on. Oh yes I do - had a bottle of red last night....mmmm almost forgot about that! OK so then today was a fairly good run all things considered :)

6 comments:

Stu Mac said...

Clairie, we can't race everyday and every so often that easy week is a must! Nothing to worry about, oh..& of course a bottle of red will nearly fix anything, at the time!

:-)

Stu

Tesso said...

If it makes you feel any better when you got 30 seconds slower over 4k, I got about 30 seconds per per km slower over 1 1/2ks.

I reckon if those boys hadn't have turned around early you would've challenged yourself and kept up with them.

Oh well, no need to be fast until Sunday!

RunDave said...

Must be from all that "recovering" you did after the race with Tesso.

Rob said...

Be patient Clairie. Early days yet. All those PB's are going to come pouring in soon. Just you wait and see.

Shane said...

You sure it was one bottle of red, almost forgetting what you had the night before could mean that more than you remember went down range :)

I felt like crap this week to, but today was a big improvement, maybe you will the same on Sunday and run a great time.

Ewen said...

You needed an easy week after the half Clairie.

I've heard that sub-5 kms are the new sub-4s.