Tuesday, August 15, 2006

PUNCH UP AT PATS!!

I think Tess had better come home now because she must be getting sick in Sydney. I got all sorts of weird messages from her last night on the phone...one of which was "punch Jonesy in the arm"....

Poor guy walked up to me this morning to give me a hug and I punched him. He just looked at me and then (thankfully) started laughing so hard he had to walk away. I still have no idea what the joke was.......I'm just glad he got it!!

This morning we had to do 2 x 2km at faster than 3km TT pace. That meant for me I had to run 7:45min for the 2km. Yeah well you try doing that with no shoelace. Unbelieveably at the first 500m my shoe came undone and I had to change my gait to ensure the shoe did not fall off. I managed to do 8:11 and blamed it on the shoe.

Then I took off and did a much faster 2km finishing in 8:15 ha ha ha ha. So what has really taken a beating today was my crap sense of perception. Obviously I was working harder but going slower. I honestly thought I would easily be under 8mins. (Same thing happened in the race on Sunday - whilst I was running 4:40's it felt like 4:20's going by my exertion faction).
Oh well not to be today and I have no idea why.

I have booked in for an appointment with Peter Stanton to get my body sorted out. Both hips are extremely tight and sore and I feel them when I run. I can't pinpoint pain by pressing on them and it is not the same pain as before so I believe this is not related to my broken hip but rather my running form and some tight muscles somewhere that need work.

Anyone know what muscles cause bad hip/lower back pain?? Jodi should be able to help out tomorrow when I visit for my regular massage too.

8 comments:

Stu Mac said...

Some days the speed just doesn't want to work, but then if the stride is affected by those tight hip flexors, you may have your reason..

Stu

Toasty said...

If I knew anything Clairie I'd tell you .... but I don't .... my philosophy is ignore it and it will go away. So far it has worked most of the time.

I enjoy having you around even when your shoe falling off slows you up.

Tesso said...

Are you sure Jonesy got the joke? Better punch him again next time just in case.

Hopefully Jodie will pummell you into shape and you'll be flying on Sunday at Noosa. Just make sure you shoelaces are done up properly.

Rob said...

See and hear you at Noosa Clairie. I am still hoping that somehow I will be able to miraculously be able to pull something from somewhere but the lack of training will surely tell on the day.

Bernie G said...

Gees you guys are tough boxing and running. Are you sure your not doing Bootcamp training?

Horrie said...

I hope you don't start punching Team GBH at Glasshouse Clairie. You, Tesso and Langy will have to take it out on each other. I wouldn't worry too much about your times on the 2km reps. Some days are just better than others. Good luck at Noosa tomorrow. I look forward to reading your report.

R2B said...

Thats no fun to be sore all over the shop!!

Yep some times the mind is willing but the legs just don't co operate in the speed stakes,i will be better next time!

Congratulations on getting the trophy in the 10 miler i know first hand how good it feels to win your own trophy as i got my own today too after a tough hilly 6.5km race!

Happy trails R2B!

Ewen said...

Next time kick it off and run barefoot Clairie - works for me.