I just feel so tired!
Looking back over my blog I used to feel great on a Wednesday after a mid-week long run. So I know my tiredness is not from mileage. Rather I think it is from over-racing.
This morning Toastie, Tesso and I ran for 16.5km (well they both ran for 18km).
I stopped halfway whilst they did a 1km rep to measure one of Pat's courses and then had a quick detour to a loo on the way home. So I should have been comfortable the whole way but instead went in crazy waves of good/bad/ugly/good/great/bad etc etc
The pace was 5:07 average, which I think is pretty good for a longish run. Doesn't give me any confidence though when it hurts so much and I was hoping to be running that pace on the Glasshouse 30km Hilly run this Sunday!!!
The only bright point about the run this morning was the company. It is bloody marvellous to see Tesso out there shining again. She was on fire this morning and was holding herself back. Not to mention running circles around the city when I went to the loo and zipping up ahead when she was bursting of energy. It was good to see and certainly helped drag me through the worst of it.
10 comments:
dancing a jig in front of a crowd of adrenaline-charged runners would have left me pretty shagged too I suspect
Mate, you might have felt like crap occasionally but you still managed to keep up the pace. That says a lot. Oh to be able to do that when I feel crap!
And you forgot to mention you were giving your Camelbak a test run, carrying a litre a water around isn't easy.
Your body is probably secretly saving itself for a great run on the trails at Glasshouse on Sunday. I reckon you are going to have a fantastic run up there. Hope so anyway, you'll need to be quick to run away from those snakes .... and I'm not talking about your fellow competitors ;-)
There used to be an old running rule of thumb, that after a race you should allow one day for each mile raced (I told you it was old)before doing another race or hard training session.
I think we all have been guilty of over-racing or over training, this is one of the advantages of keeping a running diary (blog), it allows you to go through your last few weeks entries to try and analyse why you feel the way you do.
I must admit, I am enjoying only racing maybe once or twice a month at the moment.
Stu
Hope you're OK for Sunday, Clairie...will be waiting for your report on the day; take it easy!
FFFTM = Fitzroy Falls Fire Trail Marathon, Saturday, 14th October..lots of CRs there!
Yeah - it's nice to see Tesso doing well, but just as important to see you out there doin' your stuff!
Good luck on the weekend - should be beautiful running weather up there!
Belated happy birthday Clairie - good to see you r running is still going well even if you do feel a bit washed out.
Great stuff and thanks for the comment on my blog ;-)
All the best for Glasshouse Clairie. Rest up tomorrow.
I very successful coach from the states shared some of his "secrets" with katy and me. One is to keep a diary and write down what you did before a run, what you expected, how you felt, etc, etc .... sort of like a blog. I guess the idea is to see what worked and what didn't.
Post a Comment