Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Speed Session

Was very cold this morning.

After doing a warm up I felt much better and thought maybe I was over the cold I had.

The strides made me feel fast so I got excited that today would be the day....I go past Toastie.

Ok so it wasn't the day for that but I still worked hard and will get the benefits from that.

We had to do 1min (30sec) 30sec (15sec) 15 sec (15sec). So it was go go go out there.
I went out strong but died on the last one. Then I heard Pat say "last one" and I was able to push it out a bit more and finish off strong. But boy was I glad to stop.

I then realised we had to run to the end and then go up the hill. The first 10 people up the hill had to do it twice. Tess and I were already determined to run it twice but nonetheless I wanted to be in the top group to get up the hill. I think I was about 12th at the bottom of the hill but overtook three guys (yahhhhh) and made it up there in good shape. I turned around and realised my gut was on fire and my legs were jelly I could not even run down. I walked a bit and got my breath back then headed down. Tess was with me and we ran up again. 40m into the hill I heard Tess say "F@#@K" not really but she was in a lot of pain. However by this stage everyone was cheering for us and there was no stopping. So up we climbed.

On the run home my goal is always to keep a steady pace going. I said to Tess - who's running Sydney City to Surf this weekend - we have to race up Goodwill Bridge when we get there. Now I can say that due to the hill work I have been doing with Chris I am quite strong on hills but boy did Tess turn her little legs and shoot up there - I was running in her dust!!!

We then finished it all off with another hill near the Ship Inn and by that stage it was 80mins of running - including speed and hills and my body was shot.
Right now I not sure if my legs are with me or not - I can't feel them. Is that good or bad???

4 comments:

Toasty said...

"That day" will come ... but I'm not going to hand it to you!

Jen said...

For the average couch potatoe, I suspect it's a very bad thing. But for you speed queen, I'd say it's normal!

Jen said...

I can't believe I can't spell 'potato'. Clearly I've not had enough coffee today....

Tesso said...

Yay, another brilliant session!

Ha ha, I loved the way Pat said that the first 10 up the hill could do a second one, like it was a reward. Funny that we were both determined to be in the top ten. I wasn't, but stuffed if I was going to miss running up that thing twice!

And thanks for the idea of ripping up the bridge too. I reckon we should make that regular thing. Not to mention the final one up to Vulture St.


PS If I didn't swear out loud I sure did under my breath.